Chapter 1 - Superhuman
I fall to my knees, stare at my hands, and gasp. They are no longer complex anatomical structures, but a stub. I can still grab and punch, but my fingers aren't distinguishable. I can still hold on to something and use tools, but it doesn't seem right. I guess I'll have to adapt to the feelings.
I don't know what to do, but something comes to my mind. When a person is stranded, the person usually gathers primary resources: wood and grass, build a shelter and hunt for food. There's plenty of trees around, and what better resources are there for making a house? I get up and walk towards a tree. How am I going to break it, though? In frustration, I punch the tree, expecting a hard rebound. But, instead of a thud, I hear a crash as my fist breaks the tree and pierces through the air.
Of course. In Minecraft everybody has superpowers. They are faster, stronger, and smarter than normal humans. I start gathering wood faster than a chain saw. Sooner or later, I sit with stacks of raw wood. Now what?
Shelter. I need to make a proper home to protect myself. A hole in the wall sounds good for now, but I don't see any walls, or holes. I decide to find a mountain, pack up all my woods and, again, stare at how compact the woods became. I put all the woods in my pocket and head north.
Within minutes, the gulf disappears and a forest, thick with wood, appears. Tall mountains greet me as I continue walking. Soon, I run into a base of a mountain. Hard stones block my way, and I don't see any naturally made holes. Guess I have to make my own, I think, as I thrust my fist straight into the mountain.
My bones shake, my muscles ache, and my brain stops for a moment. Horrible pain engulf me as I withdraw myself away from the unscathed stone wall. Even with superhuman powers, stone is unbreakable, unless if I try again and again, giving fists after fists. I clench both hands into a fist, take a breath, and-
"You're seriously going to break a stone with your bare fist?" A tender, but cocky tone of voice startle me. I turn around and see a charming girl, if you consider a cubelike, two-blocks high human made up of squares charming, She has long, golden hair flowing to her waistline, emerald eyes, and lightly tanned skin. Her eyes show determination and strength, although she looks delicate and slender.
"I was cutting trees down, so I thought I could break stone." I say, making excuses.
"You're not a superhuman, dude." The girl snorts.
"How could I cut trees down with bare hand if I don't have super strength?" I argue, and the girl stares at me as if I am an escaped monkey from a zoo.
"Wait a minute." The girl asks. "You mean, you do not know what mod is?"
I shake my head, indicating 'no'. The girl's face grows even more dramatic.
"Wow." The girl sighs in disbelief. "A newcomer. You, follow me. I'll take you to our village."
I have no choice but to follow her. I can't build a house; it would take forever. I can't make a hole in the wall; the stone is too hard to break. I swear under my breath and follows her trail.
I fall to my knees, stare at my hands, and gasp. They are no longer complex anatomical structures, but a stub. I can still grab and punch, but my fingers aren't distinguishable. I can still hold on to something and use tools, but it doesn't seem right. I guess I'll have to adapt to the feelings.
I don't know what to do, but something comes to my mind. When a person is stranded, the person usually gathers primary resources: wood and grass, build a shelter and hunt for food. There's plenty of trees around, and what better resources are there for making a house? I get up and walk towards a tree. How am I going to break it, though? In frustration, I punch the tree, expecting a hard rebound. But, instead of a thud, I hear a crash as my fist breaks the tree and pierces through the air.
Of course. In Minecraft everybody has superpowers. They are faster, stronger, and smarter than normal humans. I start gathering wood faster than a chain saw. Sooner or later, I sit with stacks of raw wood. Now what?
Shelter. I need to make a proper home to protect myself. A hole in the wall sounds good for now, but I don't see any walls, or holes. I decide to find a mountain, pack up all my woods and, again, stare at how compact the woods became. I put all the woods in my pocket and head north.
Within minutes, the gulf disappears and a forest, thick with wood, appears. Tall mountains greet me as I continue walking. Soon, I run into a base of a mountain. Hard stones block my way, and I don't see any naturally made holes. Guess I have to make my own, I think, as I thrust my fist straight into the mountain.
My bones shake, my muscles ache, and my brain stops for a moment. Horrible pain engulf me as I withdraw myself away from the unscathed stone wall. Even with superhuman powers, stone is unbreakable, unless if I try again and again, giving fists after fists. I clench both hands into a fist, take a breath, and-
"You're seriously going to break a stone with your bare fist?" A tender, but cocky tone of voice startle me. I turn around and see a charming girl, if you consider a cubelike, two-blocks high human made up of squares charming, She has long, golden hair flowing to her waistline, emerald eyes, and lightly tanned skin. Her eyes show determination and strength, although she looks delicate and slender.
"I was cutting trees down, so I thought I could break stone." I say, making excuses.
"You're not a superhuman, dude." The girl snorts.
"How could I cut trees down with bare hand if I don't have super strength?" I argue, and the girl stares at me as if I am an escaped monkey from a zoo.
"Wait a minute." The girl asks. "You mean, you do not know what mod is?"
I shake my head, indicating 'no'. The girl's face grows even more dramatic.
"Wow." The girl sighs in disbelief. "A newcomer. You, follow me. I'll take you to our village."
I have no choice but to follow her. I can't build a house; it would take forever. I can't make a hole in the wall; the stone is too hard to break. I swear under my breath and follows her trail.
No comments:
Post a Comment