Total Pageviews

Monday, September 26, 2011

Minecraft the Novel - chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Unavailable Escape Option

"What's your name?" I ask the girl, quickly pacing behind her.
"Claudia."  The girl, Claudia, answers. "And you?"
"David."  I reply.
"I figured." Claudia snorts, and I can't help myself but chuckle as we exit the forest.  A flat plain comes into view, and I see a small village, connected by slab road and lit with streetlights made, surprisingly, of fences and glowing stones.  At the center of the village stands a tall building, and 8 houses, each with unique design, surrounds the tall building.
"That's our village."  Claudia announces as we proceed towards the village.  "A little safe haven for weary castaways.  I was stranded here a month ago.  I was hungry, distraught, and sick.  Robert found me lying on the beach, unconscious.  You could say he saved my life."

Claudia introduces me to the villagers.  There's Robert E. Kings: dark-skinned, tall, and muscular.  Sylph Leon: a kind chef from Paris who also majored in modern arts.  Jake Sachs: with his large glasses continuously slipping.  Hamish Lovelock: an indie band rockstar with a tattoo of a zombie playing a guitar on his left arm.  Austin Dodd: a college student studying biochemistry, and finally Ashton Sobell: A genius ex-pilot and a man of arrogance.  Robert led me to the tall building, which he claims it is a community center.
"Is this everyone?"  I ask Robert as him and I head to the community center.
"No.  Malcolm got hurt saving Austin from a horde of mad mobs, and my family is in that building.  There used to be 13 people here, but Henry died in a house fire and burned couple of houses down."  Robert answers, and opens a door that leads to the community center lobby.
"Sorry to hear that, but couldn't you have prevented the whole thing?"  I ask, and Robert looks up, confused.
"What do you mean?"  questions Robert.
"Can't you all get out of this place?  Make a boat or something?"  I tell Robert my initial plan:  make a boat and get the heck out.
"If it was simple like that, we would've already done that."  Robert announces.  "But the thing is, you can't get out of this place."

No comments:

Post a Comment