Chapter 4 - Prowling Dangers
Robert's wife, Chantelle, was a living recipe book, and Sylph was able to make foods from heaven itself. At dinnertime, the whole village gathers by tables next to the community building. Chantelle and Sylph prepare a fantastic feast: breads, plates of salad, roast pig. For dessert there's cake. At night, villagers wait for Robert to give orders by telling stories from their past.
"Everyone listen up." Robert commands as he steps on a protruded stone slab on a wooden floor. The villagers cease what they were doing and pay attention.
"As you all know, we have a new castaway, David. He is a novice and requires aids for surviving in this harsh world. So for the next few weeks you will be assigned to teach David your specialties." Robert announces. "Hamish and Ashton will train David on self-defense against mobs and Admin's minions. Jake and Sylph will help David how to draw and conjure mods. Austin can teach David botany and medicine, and I will teach him tool crafting."
"What about me?" Claudia inquires as the villagers proceed accordingly.
"Claudia," Robert declares. "You'll be David's bodyguard and personal tutor. You'll stay by him as he conducts his training."
Claudia accompanies me on my way to Hamish's house: a small tree house made inside and beyond a giant mother tree. The road is dimly lit with glowing stone lamp.
"Great." Claudia sighs. "Thanks to you, I'm stuck watching you failing in everything."
"It's not my fault, Claudia. You make it sound like it's a waste of time." I snigger, as Claudia suddenly tenses up.
"I smell gunpowder." Claudia announces, drawing her iron sword and standing in a guard position. "David, get behind me."
I do as I am told. I stand behind Claudia, who takes a glance up a small dirt hill and swears under her breath. I look up and encounter something moving towards us.
The creature is green and quadripedal. Each step it takes make almost no sound at all. It looks agile enough to be able to outrun Usain Bolts in a 100m dash. Smoke come out of it's mouth, with occasional hissing. Of course, this creature is manufactured out of cubes and blocks.
"I don't even have a bow." Clauida silently mutters, rummaging through her leather jacket pocket. Then, grabbing her sword tight, she charges toward the creature, her eyes ready to kill.
Instantly, the creature self-destructs, sending shockwave so strong it flings Claudia 30 feet up the air. She falls 50 feet away from a crater caused by the explosion, coughing blood. As soon as Claudia hits the ground, Hamish descends from his "house" to check what's up.
Hamish is huge and muscular: reaching beyond 6 foot 2. His yellow, almost lusterless, blond hair reaches to his shoulder, covering one of his brown and playful eyes. He has a large scar on his left forearm, and a tattoo of a creature i just encountered playing an electrical guitar. Like everything in Minecraft world, Hamish is made up of cubes and blocks.
"What the hell happened?" Hamish asks.
"Some green creature blew up." I respond.
"Must be a creeper." Hamish says, sighing. "Sylph will be infuriated, with creepers roaming around the base. Anyway, are you O.K?"
"I am, Claudia is not." I report, and Hamish examines what happened. Seems like Claudia fainted soon after the explosion. Red hot blood soaks her back as it forms a puddle.
"She's hurt bad." Hamish announces, carrying Claudia on his back. "It's a miracle she's alive. I'll take her to Sylph's house. You get in my house and lock the door tight. O.K.?"
Hamish's house is cozy, with bookshelves full of heavy metal magazines and numerous musical scores of rock music, like 'Smoke on the Water' by Deep Purple and 'Gives You Hell' by All American Rejects. There were desks for crafting and chests full of stuff. Surprisingly, for such a compact building, Hamish's house has a bed, a fireplace, and a table. There is a glass of whiskey and a slice of cake on the table.
"Can you hand me a cloth from my chest?" Hamish's voice comes from the front door. His right arm is bleeding, with claw marks reaching from his elbow to his wrist.
"Here." I take a cloth from his chest and hand it to Hamish, who wraps it around his new scar. "What happened?"
"There was a pack of zombies who smelled blood and swarmed near the base. If it wasn't for Robert and Austin, I would've been eaten." sighs Hamish, slumping into his bed. "Fortunately, I have a cake that I can eat to rejuvenate lost health. Do you want some?"
"No thanks." I reply. "How do you have a cake?"
"I made it." Hamish answers. "It's my birthday today, and I thought I'll treat myself."
"Wow, I didn't know it was your birthday, Hamish. Happy birthday." I congratulate Hamish, and Hamish smirks.
"Thanks. You are the first to wish me a happy birthday. You know, after 9 months of separation from the real world, people don't seem to remember other people's special occasions." Hamish speaks, solitude seeping from his tone of voice. "Anyway, let's start training. Since I'm hurt, I can't teach you sword technique, but I can teach you types of mobs. You are good at memorizing, right?"
Robert's wife, Chantelle, was a living recipe book, and Sylph was able to make foods from heaven itself. At dinnertime, the whole village gathers by tables next to the community building. Chantelle and Sylph prepare a fantastic feast: breads, plates of salad, roast pig. For dessert there's cake. At night, villagers wait for Robert to give orders by telling stories from their past.
"Everyone listen up." Robert commands as he steps on a protruded stone slab on a wooden floor. The villagers cease what they were doing and pay attention.
"As you all know, we have a new castaway, David. He is a novice and requires aids for surviving in this harsh world. So for the next few weeks you will be assigned to teach David your specialties." Robert announces. "Hamish and Ashton will train David on self-defense against mobs and Admin's minions. Jake and Sylph will help David how to draw and conjure mods. Austin can teach David botany and medicine, and I will teach him tool crafting."
"What about me?" Claudia inquires as the villagers proceed accordingly.
"Claudia," Robert declares. "You'll be David's bodyguard and personal tutor. You'll stay by him as he conducts his training."
Claudia accompanies me on my way to Hamish's house: a small tree house made inside and beyond a giant mother tree. The road is dimly lit with glowing stone lamp.
"Great." Claudia sighs. "Thanks to you, I'm stuck watching you failing in everything."
"It's not my fault, Claudia. You make it sound like it's a waste of time." I snigger, as Claudia suddenly tenses up.
"I smell gunpowder." Claudia announces, drawing her iron sword and standing in a guard position. "David, get behind me."
I do as I am told. I stand behind Claudia, who takes a glance up a small dirt hill and swears under her breath. I look up and encounter something moving towards us.
The creature is green and quadripedal. Each step it takes make almost no sound at all. It looks agile enough to be able to outrun Usain Bolts in a 100m dash. Smoke come out of it's mouth, with occasional hissing. Of course, this creature is manufactured out of cubes and blocks.
"I don't even have a bow." Clauida silently mutters, rummaging through her leather jacket pocket. Then, grabbing her sword tight, she charges toward the creature, her eyes ready to kill.
Instantly, the creature self-destructs, sending shockwave so strong it flings Claudia 30 feet up the air. She falls 50 feet away from a crater caused by the explosion, coughing blood. As soon as Claudia hits the ground, Hamish descends from his "house" to check what's up.
Hamish is huge and muscular: reaching beyond 6 foot 2. His yellow, almost lusterless, blond hair reaches to his shoulder, covering one of his brown and playful eyes. He has a large scar on his left forearm, and a tattoo of a creature i just encountered playing an electrical guitar. Like everything in Minecraft world, Hamish is made up of cubes and blocks.
"What the hell happened?" Hamish asks.
"Some green creature blew up." I respond.
"Must be a creeper." Hamish says, sighing. "Sylph will be infuriated, with creepers roaming around the base. Anyway, are you O.K?"
"I am, Claudia is not." I report, and Hamish examines what happened. Seems like Claudia fainted soon after the explosion. Red hot blood soaks her back as it forms a puddle.
"She's hurt bad." Hamish announces, carrying Claudia on his back. "It's a miracle she's alive. I'll take her to Sylph's house. You get in my house and lock the door tight. O.K.?"
Hamish's house is cozy, with bookshelves full of heavy metal magazines and numerous musical scores of rock music, like 'Smoke on the Water' by Deep Purple and 'Gives You Hell' by All American Rejects. There were desks for crafting and chests full of stuff. Surprisingly, for such a compact building, Hamish's house has a bed, a fireplace, and a table. There is a glass of whiskey and a slice of cake on the table.
"Can you hand me a cloth from my chest?" Hamish's voice comes from the front door. His right arm is bleeding, with claw marks reaching from his elbow to his wrist.
"Here." I take a cloth from his chest and hand it to Hamish, who wraps it around his new scar. "What happened?"
"There was a pack of zombies who smelled blood and swarmed near the base. If it wasn't for Robert and Austin, I would've been eaten." sighs Hamish, slumping into his bed. "Fortunately, I have a cake that I can eat to rejuvenate lost health. Do you want some?"
"No thanks." I reply. "How do you have a cake?"
"I made it." Hamish answers. "It's my birthday today, and I thought I'll treat myself."
"Wow, I didn't know it was your birthday, Hamish. Happy birthday." I congratulate Hamish, and Hamish smirks.
"Thanks. You are the first to wish me a happy birthday. You know, after 9 months of separation from the real world, people don't seem to remember other people's special occasions." Hamish speaks, solitude seeping from his tone of voice. "Anyway, let's start training. Since I'm hurt, I can't teach you sword technique, but I can teach you types of mobs. You are good at memorizing, right?"
No comments:
Post a Comment