Total Pageviews

Monday, September 26, 2011

Minecraft the novel - Prologue

Prologue

I slowly open my eyes.  I see a white sand beach with calm, almost motionless, water.  The ship is nowhere in sight, and it doesn't seem like I've arrived back to San Francisco.  I rise up, and, to my surprise, see a wild pig, oinking and crawling on all fours.  Am I in China?  I wonder.  My memory is in utter darkness, almost impossible to reach.

I start walking.  Hopefully I can find civilization, get help, and go home.  As I walk along the shore, I see trees, oak and birch, lined up across the shore, lush with green leaves.  The leaves look odd, so does the pig.  They are made of squares and cubes.
As I reach a small gulf, I stand there, in awe.  The ship that I was on, my brand-new motor boat, is split in half, no longer functional.  But something else makes me speechless.  The boat, once made up of shiny, sleek titanium, is now wooden.  Then it hits me.  I once have heard of an indie computer game where you are stranded, alone, in a giant world made up of cubes and blocks.
I am in Minecraft world.

No comments:

Post a Comment